Addon that adds a new toolbar tools for performing selection with x-ray.
It's a modified selection tools that automatically toggle x-ray mode on and off during selection. Thus allowing selecting elements on a back side of a mesh with a preview. Additionally, it temporarily hides mirror and solidify modifiers to simplify view.
The tools can be accessed from the toolbar or by hotkeys.
After unpacking the .py file to the scripts folder, you can find addon in the "3D View" addons category. Hotkeys can be enabled and customized in the addon preferences.
Toolbar selection tools group, after default Box Select tool
- Fixed shaders in fullscreen, added shortcut for toggling selection behavior in mesh mode.
- Added contain and overlap selection behavior toggle for object tools to addon preferences, similar to autodesk Window/Crossing selection.
- Contain behavior select objects fully contained in the selection region. Overlap behavior selects objects touching and inside the selecting region.
- Added directional behavior for automatically switching between contain and overlap selection. When enabled drag from left to right to select all objects that are entirely contained in the selection box or lasso, drag from right to left to select all objects that are overlapped by the selection box or lasso
- Added separate key modifier shortcut settings for different tools.
- Fixed changing selection mode with buttons in header and properties active tool tab.
- Speed up circle selection in mesh mode.
- Improved drawing of lasso shader.
- Configuration for tools selection mode (Set, Extend, Subtract etc.) modifiers keys in the addon preferences Advanced Keymap tab.
- Header buttons to disable/enable addon preinstalled shortcuts. Disabled shortcuts won't clutter the blender keymap.
- Fixed disabling hiding modifiers
- Remaked the addon preferences panel, since previously it was quite confusing.
- "Selection through" can be toggled on all tools by pressing or holding a button.
- You can set a different color for tools when "selection through" is enabled.
- Implemented selection of all faces (not by face centers/dots) and edges for loop and circle tools.
- Rewrited code on numpy for improved performance.
- Fixed issues with addon registration.